gps no longer works att gs4

clburnham

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I guess after the latest upgrade my gps does not work anymore. Also, they installed apps that i neither want nor can uninstall. My gps worked great before when it had the old icon, now the new drip icon automatically goes to wifi/network/gps by default when turned on initially, and that doesn't work right either. It starts going haywire after a few minutes.
I wonder if anyone has a fix for this?

Posted via the Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central! 🙋

Unfortunately, there's no easy fix that I know of.

That's with all the phones, I think is more of Android than Samsung's doing.

What you can do is long press the new icon, turn GPS to Power Saving Mode when you don't need it.
Than, turn the High Accuracy Mode when you need it.

clburnham

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, i don't want to use the so called high accuracy mode. First off, the highest accuracy is actually with the gps only. It always worked before the update. Second, high accuracy costs data. Its almost like a monkey did this latest update. Why the hell did they install UBER on my phone? Can anyone explain that? And you can't uninstall it. WTF?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Uber, wow. Maybe Google is involved. You should be able to disable it in the Applications Manager.

Try GPS Status and Toolbox for the GPS. It does help getting a lock. Some people understand it's intricacies better but it helps for me.
Give it a week or so. GPS causes temporary problems.

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel