Picking a new manufacturer?

rootinghelp

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. Currently, I'm on a note 3, but I really don't care for touch wiz, and I want an unlocked bootloader, which it seems Samsung will never do. I've really never even looked at many manufacturers besides Samsung.

Anyway, I'm wanting to buy a new phone when the 810 cpus start shipping in phones next year. Obviously, this is a speculative question, but which manufacturer seems to be the best when it comes to quality product and unlocked bootloader etc. I'd also love a bigger phone like the note.

Thanks for any answers.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The main problem as I see it is that you may have to get used to a different layout of screen navigation buttons. On all my devices, I'm used to going bottom left for Back, for example, whereas of course it's bottom right on the Sammies. I don't think I could get used to it while also using my other devices, and that's the main reason I've never chosen a Sammy.
Coming the other way, i.e. from a Samsung, it will be easier, because a few manufacturers allow you to customise the screen nav buttons....but even so, if you want to stay with the familiar layout, your choice will be limited.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The Note 3 bootloader is only locked on the T&T and Verizon models. Otherwise, Samsung has always made a good phone.

LG makes good phones too - but if they make one with a non-replaceable battery I wouldn't buy it (or even take it for free).

I always liked Motorola phones (the StarTac is still the best phone ever made), but since they've been sold twice (is there really a "Motorola" company anywhere?), I don't know whether they've maintained their quality standards. (My 10 year old V551 is still my standby phone - with the original batteries [I always carry a spare].)

I like the HTC philosophy and their phones - except for the non-replaceable battery. If they made a good phone with a replaceable battery it would be my next phone. (Unless someone comes out with a modular phone. I can change things in my desktop - and even a few things in my laptop - so why not in my phone?)

rootinghelp

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I really appreciate the input. I just prefer stock Android honestly, and unfortunately I'm on verizon.

As far as the modular phone thing, in my opinion, I don't see it taking off. Unlike a pc or even laptop, phones are carried everywhere and get worn out pretty quickly, so just replacing one thing won't make the rest of it not worn out, and there's a few other problems I forsee. But hey. Maybe I'm wrong about all of it. Lol.

Posted via the Android Central App