Why is my Google Navigation App showing strange results when typing or asking for basics like gas station?

Romel Khan

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Google Navigation App showing strange results when typing or asking for basics like gas station

I have always used Android Navigation app (using Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, android version 2.3.6) to find the nearest place by speaking or typing it eg "gas station", "costco", "best buy", etc.. It has always usually computed a list of destinations and allowed me to select one and then got the navigation started.
But since a few weeks ago, I am noticing very strange behavior. I asked for gas station from New Jersey and it tried to guide me to Washington DC gas station though there are thousands in New Jersey. Ever since that I am noticing that it is trying to take me to a place an hour or two away even though the same shop like Walmart may be 10 miles away, it will still point to a much faraway place like 40 miles away. Unless I put an exact address, it comes all wrong. What is going on? Why would this that used to work so well break so badly?
By the way, I updated the cache on the memory and still same problem. On the map itself, searching for gas station would show the result correctly but on the navigation (blue triangle), it tries to take me many miles away.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Navigation App showing strange results when typing or asking for basics like gas station

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried clearing the cache for Maps? Settings>Apps>scroll down to Maps and click on it, then click clear cache.

Romel Khan

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Navigation App showing strange results when typing or asking for basics like gas station

Yes I just cleared cache on the map app but it does not help the navigation. On the map itself, searching for gas station would show the result correctly but on the navigation (blue triangle), it tries to take me many miles away.

Romel Khan

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

This used to work in the past and no longer does. Could I assume this is is Android bug?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch