How can I text with WiFi without having an iOS user having to download a program?

Chrisqo

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll start this off with the most likely answer is no so I don't sound like a complete *****, just a partial *****. I'm just sort of desperate to text under unreasonable conditions.

I'd really like to text someone who is an iPhone user (4s) using only WiFi. I know there are apps out there that let you do that. I don't have a concern about having to register some dummy number to run the program. My REAL question is there an app out there that will allow me to send a text message to someone WITHOUT having to download the same program on their phone. I'd like to send a text message using only WiFi without having the other side to have an alternative program, just their default program.

Pretty sure this will end up as a resounding no, but I have to ask.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can think of one possibility, but it would require that your home voice service is through Comcast, or some service with a similar app. Comcast has Xfinity Connect, which allows you to make phone calls and send text messages from your phone using a wifi connection--but they will appear as if they are being sent from your home number, not your cell.