How can I get into a frozen phone?

tisha2857

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Alcatel One Touch M'Pop Frozen Screen / Voice Talking

My boss has an Alcatel One Touch M'Pop and accidently pressed a button that now causes a voice to speak whenever you touch the phone. It basically says what the icon is that you are trying to open (eg: messages). The voice tells you what the icon is but will not actually open it. Currently it is stuck on the lock screen as the phone can not be unlocked to access any other areas as the phone does not appear to be working. My question is how can I get into the phone? Then how can I turn this voice off so that it returns to the same functionality as before? Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Alcatel One Touch M'Pop Frozen Screen / Voice Talking

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode to wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. I found the video below, but it's in Spanish. From what I can understand, the steps are as follows:

1. Power the phone off completely.
2. Power back on by pressing and holding Power and Vol Up at the same time until you see the bootloader menu.
3. Use Vol Up to highlight Recovery, then press Vol Down to select it.
4. On the next screen, use the Vol buttons to highlight your language, and press Power to select.
5. Now use the Vol buttons to highlight Wipe Cache Partition, and press Power to select.
6. Once complete, highlight Reboot System Now, and press Power to select.

If this process doesn't work, then you may have to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset from the Recovery Menu, which will wipe the phone completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8EcdWVrasw

If you're able to boot up and reach the homescreen, then go to Settings>Accessibility, and make sure none of the options are selected that might involve the TalkBack feature.