Why is my Galaxy S5 mini draining so fast?

sosadt23

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
why my galaxy s5 mini draining so fast ???!!!

i just bought a new galaxy s5 mini , i have problem with its battery , i charged it yesterday and when i slept it has 90% battery although i turned off its wifi , Bluetooth , gps , mobile data , and closed all the apps and i even restrict its background runnings ! but when i woke up it was turned off due to its battery shortage !

im freaking out !!!! what to do ?! did i buy a piece of **** or there is some hope ?!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Something similar happened to me with a Lumia 930....I put it to sleep at 100%, mobile radio On, and in the morning it was at 3%...like yours, it had powered off to protect the battery. Not a fault with the phone I think, and probably something I did, but even so, I still don't understand how 97% of the battery can be used with the phone switched off.

In your case with everything Off I find it even harder to understand and perhaps you should consider returning it....a duff battery perhaps.
Did your battery usage stats reveal any particular app to be the cause?

Welcome to AC, at least.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

akaki_1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am having also battery problem with my 2 day purchased phone. 60% of my battery is consumed by "MEDIA". Do you know what media is it? What to do? Here I attach the screenshots as well.

Screenshot_2014-12-19-21-14-23[2].png

Screenshot_2014-12-19-21-13-32[1].png

Thanks in Advance!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why my galaxy s5 mini draining so fast ???!!!

Something is downloading. Try Settings, Apps, swipe to All, scroll to the Downloads app, touch to open it, and select Force Stop, Clear Data and Clear Cache. Power Off and Restart the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why my galaxy s5 mini draining so fast ???!!!

Media is pictures, audio and video.

Check what's running. If you have Lookout running, either freeze or uninstall it. In a Samsung phone it eats a battery in a couple of hours. (It's one of those "they're working on it" situations - which, to me, translates as "these people don't even know what 'clue' means, let alone have one". Their current "solution" is to turn off virus scanning. Might as well turn the whole thing off and install a properly written free antivirus program that also does security.) Why anyone includes it in a Samsung phone is beyond me. It's like feeding someone cyanide - the question isn't whether you're going to kill them, just when they'll die. Lookout in a Samsung is a great way to kill batteries. (Not run them down to zero - kill them so they have to be replaced.)

@akaki:
Install Wakelock Detector (read Wakelock with non-rooted KitKat) to see why your phone is awake all the time. It should be asleep when you're not using it (like most of the time the screen is off). Then either freeze or uninstall the app causing the problem. (If it's a system app, there's something wrong with the phone, and it's covered under warranty.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress