Why do I have a delay with loading webpages/apps?

BMXdude13

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Delay with loading webpages/apps

So ive got a note4 on Verizon,

Love the phone, Everything is snappy and works as intended.
The problem i'm experiencning is this,

Whenever i go to load a web page (Regardless of wifi or data) there is a few seconds delay after i hit enter. What i mean by that is its like its loading the webpage, just very slowly. or trying to establish the connection. Once its loaded everything is fine. It's just the initial load takes forever, regardless of weather or not i've been to the site before.

Same goes for apps like Instagram,tumblr,facebook,and snapchat. It'll take 4-5 seconds to refresh the page, then another 2-3 to load the images.

The time it takes to connect across everything is about 3-5 second consistantly.

Anyone know what the issue could be? or is this typical and just seems like it takes forever cause the phone is so fast?

I have Fios, at work/home as well as solid 4g lte coverage in my area.

TL;DR Takes a few second to load webpages and apps even on fast internet.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Delay with loading webpages/apps

So ive got a note4 on Verizon,

Love the phone, Everything is snappy and works as intended.
The problem i'm experiencning is this,

Whenever i go to load a web page (Regardless of wifi or data) there is a few seconds delay after i hit enter. What i mean by that is its like its loading the webpage, just very slowly. or trying to establish the connection. Once its loaded everything is fine. It's just the initial load takes forever, regardless of weather or not i've been to the site before.

Same goes for apps like Instagram,tumblr,facebook,and snapchat. It'll take 4-5 seconds to refresh the page, then another 2-3 to load the images.

The time it takes to connect across everything is about 3-5 second consistantly.

Anyone know what the issue could be? or is this typical and just seems like it takes forever cause the phone is so fast?

I have Fios, at work/home as well as solid 4g lte coverage in my area.

TL;DR Takes a few second to load webpages and apps even on fast internet.
Welcome to the forums!

Go into recovery and clear the cache. Do this by powering off - hold the home button+volume up (it might be down, but hold up first)+power on. Use the volume button to select cache then power to accept. Reboot and see if that helps.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty