Why does my phone turn off during my sleep?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
why does my phone turn off during my sleep?

I sleep with atleast 80% of battery life and when I wake up its off(0%) And I bought a new battery like 3 weeks ago(Its A Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why does my phone turn off during my sleep?

Okay, there are various possible causes. For example certain apps might be requesting frequent location reporting and in that case you might find that Google Play Services is high on the battery usage list. (It would be worth checking that location reporting is set to Battery Saving Mode.)
It would help if you could post screenshots of your Battery Usage, showing the highest users; and also the expanded battery graph showing Mobile Network Signal, Wifi, Awake, Screen, and Charging at the bottom. Do this when you wake the phone so that we can see what's been happening during sleep.

If you're not sure how to post screenshots, B. Diddy's guide explains:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Also, look at that battery graph on the second page (the one with the Awake line). Is there a sudden drop from some percentage to 0 in what looks like 0 time? If so, the battery is defective. (If you want some technical explanations, search lithium battery dendrites. I couldn't find any non-technical explanations.) The problem is that I've never heard of a store, carrier or manufacturer replacing a battery due to dendritic shorts, even though it's a design flaw in the way we make lithium batteries, so it should be covered. (Imagine that we had to make car tires with little nails in the rubber - that's about how bad it is.)

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

I'll post the shot later because I turned off my phone for the night!Bu' could it be Google Play Services cause the problem started this week only!If its Google using the location how could I Turn That Off?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Temporarily, until we've fixed the problem properly, you could go to Settings, Location, and just turn off reporting altogether.
Before you do that, the sort of problem you're experiencing can sometimes be fixed just by soft resetting....Power Off the phone followed by Restart. It might stop any repeated reporting or whatever is happening, but it won't change the Location Reporting settings so you might as well do that to be certain.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

Thanks,I turrned the location off and I'll try the soft reseting also!Is it the same problem that turn off my phone when it reaches 30% of battery life?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
No....that will (I imagine) be the Battery Saving mode. When the battery reaches 30% of charge remaining, or whatever percentage you've got it set to, certain non-essential features of the phone stop working to make the remaining charge last as long as possible. I think that Location Reporting is one of those features, along with Email syncing, high screen-brightness settings etc. Recharge and once you exceed the 30% battery charge level, those things come back on.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

How could I change it cause Obviously I didn't set those settings even in my battery saver app!(Battery Doctor)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not referring to a third-party app such as Battery Doctor, but to the phone's built-in settings. Go to Settings, Battery, 3-dot menu, Battery Saver, and you'll be able to set it how you want to - within limits - in there.
Anything you may be able to do in the Battery Doctor app settings would be additional.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm not referring to a third-party app such as Battery Doctor, but to the phone's built-in settings. Go to Settings, Battery, 3-dot menu, Battery Saver, and you'll be able to set it how you want to - within limits - in there.
Anything you may be able to do in the Battery Doctor app settings would be additional.

There's just the chart and a list of apps draining my battery!nothing else!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes...I have to say I'm not familiar with that device. Perhaps there is no built-in battery saving mode....perhaps you'd have to do it via a third-party app such as the one you have. In which case that's where you'd change the settings.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

There is no option like that in Battery Doctor!could you advice me another app that could help me?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My advice is to uninstall Battery Doctor for the present time, until we have diagnosed the cause of your overnight battery drain.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Belodion, battery saving mode is fairly new and that phone was released in late 2012. It's running 4.0.4 (and there are no updates, stock or custom).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310