How do I delete the auto back of photos from Picasa and Google+ without hampering them in gallery?

A

AC Question

How to delete the auto back of photos from picasa n google+ without hampering them in gallery.

hello, Plz help as i going frustrated now. How to delete the auto back of photos from picasa n google+ without hampering them in gallery. I want the photos in gallery but don't want the same on picasa n google+. I have tried deleting them on picasa but again the come back, removed sync as well. Plz help.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to delete the auto back of photos from picasa n google+ without hampering them in gallery.

For Picasa do you mean you unchecked the sync setting for Picasa in Accounts - Google.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to delete the auto back of photos from picasa n google+ without hampering them in gallery.

The way Android works, a program called Media Scan scans storage when you start the phone, and makes a list of all the media files on the phone. Google+, Picassa, Photo, Gallery and all other media apps use that list to find photos, songs, whatever they're looking for.

You can't scan only for Gallery but not for Google+. Photos aren't in Google+, Picassa or Gallery, they're scattered all over the phone, and listed by Media Scan, so you can't scan only photos in Gallery - there's no such thing. Backing up photos means backing up the photos on your phone. All the ones scanned by Media Scan.

If you want only selected photos backed up, you can select the photos you want in Gallery (Menu/Select, then select each one), then share them to Drive. (The phone can't read your mind, but you can.)