How do I stop Google from taking over my phone (T-Mobile Prism II)?

A

AC Question

Google is taking over my phone (T-Mobile Prism II)

I have a very old Prism II phone and up until last month has been running decently enough to keep. But I have little storage and memory. I run two games on this phone and have some pictures. That is all I do on it aside from texting and making calls.

My limited space is 1 GB and these additional Google Services are very intrusive on my device.

Google Play Services 65 NB
Google Music 22 MB
Google Play store 16 MB (OK as it came with the phone)
Youtube 19 MB

I never signed on for a Google phone yet it is now invading my phone. Every day I stop the services but the keep re-connecting throughout the day.

The two games I use, I did download from the Google Play Store.

How can I limit these services and usage on my phone. My battery life has suffered greatly because of it. I need a new phone and am considering going to Apple because of this Google invasion.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google is taking over my phone (T-Mobile Prism II)

Hello.
Some Google services you can certainly opt out of, like, books, music, Google + backup. You can disable Google Play Music and You Tube in Settings - Apps, though I think You Tube may auto update.

Ultimately, it's a operating system by Google and it needs Play Store and other services to function as a device.

You don't say how large the games are.
If they both amount to close to 1gb, and many are larger, you may be able to load one at a time.

See what apps in Settings - apps that you can disable.
aaf824922da91fe66f6514201902d7dc.jpg
1468496fbc90055b4fa9893850252d70.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, it is an Android (Google) phone and presumably you have a Google account in order to be able to use the Play Store. Those apps aren't using much storage. I don't see it as Google invading your phone.

Edit: Posted same moment as above.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89