Why does my phone reboot when using Bluetooth connection?

A

AC Question

Phone reboots when using bluetooth connection.

I have had two different models of Motorola, and currently have a Samsung S4 mini. All of these, when used with any Bluetooth device (I've tried four different brands) will cause the phone to reboot several times an hour at least. I can find to reason or way to resolve this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone reboots when using bluetooth connection.

Welcome to Android Central! I can't imagine that it would be the same problem with all of those phone's hardware or firmware. This would suggest that some app you customarily install on all of your phones may be causing the instability. Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the problem persists. If not, then you know that something you installed is the culprit. You may have to uninstall apps one by one to figure out which one it is. Safe Mode steps at the bottom of this article: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! The problem is that it could potentially be anything. But I'd start with any app that can use Bluetooth, like media players.

slh1089

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

I've had it in safe mode for quite a while now and no malfunction. I guess it's on to the next step. I don't suppose there is any diagnostic app that would give me some sort of clue?

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I'm not aware of an app that can help you diagnose it. Perhaps the best way would be to do a factory reset on one of the phones, then start installing apps one by one. After each installation, test out the app's Bluetooth functionality (if any).

slh1089

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

I switched to safe mode as you suggested and also cleared out the cache. Everything was switched back to normal operation and the problem is gone. It's a mystery to me how this corrected it. In the meanwhile, I have my fingers crossed and holding my breath that the problem does not reappear.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Steve

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12