Why does my phone keep rebooting itself continuously?

A

AC Question

recently my LG Optimus G Pro started rebooting itself at very random moments. it reboots itself over and over again. It restarts itself 12 times before finally going to the home screen. by then the battery has jumped from 98% to 13%. i plug it in and the battery level goes to 68% in less than 2 minutes. the battery level jumps back and fourth in minutes without being used. i can use the phone for a couple minutes then it shuts off again and starts to reboot over and over again! I have done two Factory Resets and that didnt help at all. battery has good health level, but the problem doesnt seem to go away! HELP???

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
recently my LG Optimus G Pro started rebooting itself at very random moments. it reboots itself over and over again. It restarts itself 12 times before finally going to the home screen. by then the battery has jumped from 98% to 13%. i plug it in and the battery level goes to 68% in less than 2 minutes. the battery level jumps back and fourth in minutes without being used. i can use the phone for a couple minutes then it shuts off again and starts to reboot over and over again! I have done two Factory Resets and that didnt help at all. battery has good health level, but the problem doesnt seem to go away! HELP???
Given the fact you have tried 2 factory resets I'm going to lean more towards something hardware related? Unless there is more to the picture you haven't shared. Is the device stock or rooted?