How can I bypass the lock screen (password) on my kids tablet?

A

AC Question

lock screen (password) need to crack my kids tablet

My daughter can't remember her password. Pendo pad tablet. Have searched extensively for solution on Web and forums. No success for pendo. Contacted company and they say no way of reset/recovery. But have read lots of forums which suggest all android devices are resettable/recoverable. Have tried power and volume(up and down, all combos) together, no luck. It has a pin hole reset which just seems to turn it off when frozen. Would prefer not to do full factory reset if possible.

Please can someone help. (android 4.1 install)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: lock screen (password) need to crack my kids tablet

Hello. It's difficult and you may be out of luck.

www.google.com/android/devicemanager

can set a new lock pin after locating, if it has a Google account and the device is recognised when you log in; is supported by Google where many eastern imports are not - i. e. it had Google Play Store, Play Services, etc.
It would also need to be on and connected.

stilllearning101

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

Hi madd54, what do you mean, locate. I have it in my hand. It is turned on and connected. I believe it has a play store etc.
I am unable to enter recovery mode with power/volume buttons. Computer doesn't recognise when plugin.
Thanks

stilllearning101

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

Hi madd54, what do you mean, locate. I have it in my hand. It is turned on and connected. I believe it has a play store etc.
I am unable to enter recovery mode with power/volume buttons. Computer doesn't recognise when plugin.
Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Hello. Thanks for registering.
Just retiring to bed here, but I hope these shots help.

If you log in to the link above, Android Device manager would start to Locate your device on a map (if you have more than one device, you select of course, but it can also be removed from a Hidden device list).

ADM may not have been enabled in the security settings, so as you say it can't find it. I know you have it, but it would normally need to contact it before it can lock it. I did Lock my second phone while it was turned off though (I loaned it out) and it Locked with my new pin when it was turned on.

Sorry, I'm babbling! Good luck.

Screenshot 2015-02-11 02.18.40.pngScreenshot 2015-02-11 02.19.38.png

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The Pendo Pad may be one of those Chinese devices that has no Google services on it (so Android Device Manager won't find it, and you can't put in a Google account, just a gmail account, which is totally different). Since it's not a phone, you can't get a carrier to unlock it for you. And considering that people can steal phones, use instructions posted here to unlock them, and use or sell them, we don't give them here.

If you search the web, you will find a few different methods to unlock Android devices. (Assuming it's not the Windows version - the Pendo Pad comes in both.)

BTW, factory reset usually doesn't reset the lock screen. (But you can never tell what's in these cheap Chinese devices.)

Elena753

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
ZRe: How can I bypass the lock screen (password) on my kids tablet?

Hi ive tried everything to un lock my sons pendo pad maby u can help me model number is PNDPP41DG7BLKA ive gone through everything ive got a few android devices plz help me

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't give you the name, but there's a file you have to delete (using a computer to connect to the pad) to unlock it. Flashing the ROM will also unlock i, but you'll lose all the data and downloaded apps on it.