Why am I getting the same text several times?

A

AC Question

I receive texts from my mom and boyfriend up to 5 or 6 times after the original one is received. Also, they both get some of my texts several times too. We all have ZTE ZMAX phones and our carrier is T-Mobile. (all on same plan)

Strange thing is, my dad has the same phone(ZTE ZMAX), and is on the same plan as us, but he does not have this issue. I want to add that my mom, dad, and myself had the Go SMS Pro app before but deleted it because my parents' phones got crash alerts that would pop up repeatedly even within a second after dismissing the alert. They also started receiving a picture message I had sent them a week before literally between 50 and 100 times in one day. We all deleted Go SMS Pro that day. They were still receiving the picture messages repeatedly even after we had all deleted the texting app. The picture messages died down in the next two days and they no longer received them after that.

Everything has been fine since then but me, my boyfriend and my mom have this issue with receiving someone's text multiple times and having the texts we send being received on the other end multiple times(just text conversations between me and my mom or me and my boyfriend. I don't think it happens with our friends that we text). I find it strange that this is happening because people seem to have the same problem as us but with texting apps. This is happening with our regular texting that was on the phone when we got it. Not using any type of messaging app.

I notice the issue when I am texting my mom, I will receive some of her texts 5 or 6 times. Sometimes she also receives my texts 5 or 6 times. And with my boyfriend, the same thing. His will come through 5 or 6 times and he will get mine 5 or 6 times. He never had Go SMS Pro before so I don't think it is related to that since he also has the problem but never had that app.

One more thing I would like to add is that it seems my boyfriend gets texts from me some of the time and literally JUST gets them up to half an hour after they are actually sent. they even come up on his phone that they were sent that long ago. But they don't come into his phone for a while for some reason even if he has perfectly good service.

My dad does not have this problem at all. He doesn't receive our texts numerous times and we don't receive his texts numerous times. I don't know if it is Android or T-Mobile or what. Maybe the phones? Help!! any feedback and insight would be much appreciated!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22