How can I delete all photos in photos app? There are thousands I don't want.

A

AC Question

I've tried using es explorer to delete img_ photos. But it has to be done one at a time. I can't delete photos app and reinstall it and, although I have turned all sync's off, obviously, something sync'd to my pictures folder on my computer where there are thousands of photos. I have no photos in google+ and no photos in picasa. I'm willing to lose all photos and start over on my nexus 7 with lollipop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What are the images? Are they photos you took, or are they from Facebook? Or are they various images that seem associated with apps or web browsing? Remember that the gallery will display all images stored on the phone, including images used by apps and cached by the browser. The only way images won't be displayed is if there is a ".nomedia" file in that directory.

mexicoblue

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
They are all my photos that I took from my pictures folder on my laptop. Thousands of them. I just want to delete them all. With Lollipop there doesn't seem to be a way to delete all photos from the photos app. But there must be some way -- it's using up all my space and I don't want ANY of them on my Nexus.
Thanks for any help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to select all in the Photos app. The easiest way is probably to connect the device to a computer via USB, then use Windows Explorer to select all the photos and mass delete.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty