Question Issues with photos saved on SD card

premb

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
I use a micro SD card in my Samsung Galaxy A54 and have all my photos store direclty on the SD card. I could view all the photos till a certain date ( Jan 15) in the galary app but since that date jan 16 - i cant view ANY NEW PICTURES THAT i took. I can still view older pics or an sceenshots from any dates ( i dont know whats the default storage location of the screenshots). I can randomly see thumbnails of a few of the NEW pictures but as soon as i try to open it, they are blank.
I dont get an messaged of any corrupt Micro SD card and can see the pictures of before Jan 15 when inserted in a PC . I think i change the name of the default folder for the photos on the SD CARD on Jan 15th
How do i view these new pictures after Jan 15

I have tried the following and no success

1. Restart android
2. Unmount, Remove and readd micro sd card and restart
3. Use other photo apps
4. Clear data and cache in camera and gallary app
5. Use google photos
6. Download and view on PC
7. Use repairit app to fix
1000037173.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, in case the card is corrupt or about to fail, make sure to backup any of these photos that are important to you. If you prefer not to backup to Google Photos or some other cloud storage, then remove the card, insert it into a PC, and backup the photos to the hard drive there.

Do you recall where you got the card from? Counterfeit cards are unfortunately relatively common -- those are cards that claim to have much more storage than they actually have (e.g., a 16 GB card that is labeled and sold as 256 GB). These cards will actually show up in the system as having that false storage amount, but as soon as you save more data on it than it can actually handle, that data can become corrupt. Read this: How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed

premb

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
Thanks, I did back it on a PC. However, it still continues to save new photos so I don't think it's the capacity issue. It's only a set of photos between jan 15 and jan 29 that don't show up ( I tool those pic where I didn't have any internet or wifi). Some pics in this date range randomly show up !!!

Reactions: Amthebigdog

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suspect those files got corrupted, so they're unfortunately not recoverable. Did you already try the methods in the previous link I shared to see if the card is counterfeit?

Even if the card is legit, there's always a risk of corruption with SD cards, because they're inherently not that reliable. I spoke to an executive in the memory industry a while back, who told me that SD cards (even ones made by well-known companies like Sandisk) use bottom-of-the-barrel components. They're good for convenience, but shouldn't be relied upon as the sole storage location for important data.😕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana