Why does my ringtone fade in and out?

A

AC Question

ringtone fades in and out

my on samsung s5...my ringtone fades in and out...it is very annoying..i even dowloaded the app...disable increasing ring...that didnt work...i am missing calls..
please help
thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: ringtone fades in and out

Newer devices have a feature built in that uses the G sensor and light sensor. If the device is picked up or shifted while ringing the ringer will be lowered, and if flipped over, usually face down, the ringer will be silenced. With the light sensor if the device is in a pocket, purse or other dark place the ringer volume will be increased thinking the device may be muffled. In your settings there should be one for what to do if the device is picked up or flipped over and you may have a setting for increasing volume called pocket mode or something like that. Try changing those and see if your fluctuating volume issues go away.

pocket.png
mute.jpg

My feeling is something is going on while the phone is ringing, could be position, could be lighting, could be anything like that. I'm thinking.

DGRise

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem on my s5. The volume would drigt in and out while the phone was ringing. The solution was to turn off "Use Voice Commands" under "Settings>Calls>Answering and Ending Calls>Use Voice Commands".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa