On my Samsung Galaxy S5, why do I have contacts missing and crashing after Lollipop?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Contacts missing and crashing after lollipop

Basically as above, since I upgraded the OS some of my contacts are missing. When I try to re add them it says that there is a contact with that name already. Also, it seems to constantly pop up saying that contacts has crashed. This has only started since the upgrade. Any ideas? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Contacts missing and crashing after lollipop

Welcome to Android Central! Are all of your contacts associated with your Google account? If so, try going to the App Manager, select Contacts and Contacts Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data from both. Then go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account, then add it back again.

If the contacts are locally stored in the Phone account, then don't do this, because clearing the data from Contacts Storage will probably wipe out your contacts permanently (unless you backed them up on your computer using Kies or some other program).

irregularity

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, TBH I'm not sure how my contacts are saved. Some of them have the "g" symbol, does that mean I have google storage?
Some appear to just be on storage, if I try to back them up with something like kies, will it take the "missing" ones as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer