Play YouTube videos in background?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Is there any app to play YouTube videos/music in the background? I know about the new music key Google is releasing, but you have to subscribe to it. This app I am looking for can be an apk on some website or an app on the Play Store, but I'm pretty sure it won't be on the Play Store due to the API Terms of Service for Youtube/Google not allowing YouTube videos and other apps on the Play Store to play in the background.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there any app to play YouTube videos/music in the background? I know about the new music key Google is releasing, but you have to subscribe to it. This app I am looking for can be an apk on some website or an app on the Play Store, but I'm pretty sure it won't be on the Play Store due to the API Terms of Service for Youtube/Google not allowing YouTube videos and other apps on the Play Store to play in the background.

Are you rooted?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately not Andre Sierra, I've been having trouble rooting my Galaxy S5 (Verizon). I've tried using multiple rooting methods and got nothing.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately not Andre Sierra, I've been having trouble rooting my Galaxy S5 (Verizon). I've tried using multiple rooting methods and got n

Gotcha, I know there is an Wanam Xposed Module that will do what you need done but you need to be rooted. Have you updated to 5.1 yet on your phone?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha, I know there is an Wanam Xposed Module that will do what you need done but you need to be rooted. Have you updated to 5.1 yet on your phone?

No, I am still on 5.0 lollipop. WAIT I just checked for an update and it said one is available. I'm not sure if it's 5.1 or not. Probably not since I received 5.0 not to long ago