Tried to Flash Stock Rom - Stuck on Optimizing Apps/Boot Loop? Please Help.

A

AC Question

I downloaded 5.1 OTA today on T-Mobile. After updating, I had severe issues such as screen going black during calls, ambient display not working, google play services not working, and random reboots.

My phone was working perfect on 5.0.1 so i decided to flash 5.0.1 stock rom. I followed all the exact steps listed in the How-TO page on this website.

Nexus 6 was stuck in a boot loop. I was able to to go into recovery, and do wipe data/factory reset. Now the phone boots up, says "optimizing apps ## / ##" and then reboots again each time.

If I try to go into recovery mode holding power and volume up buttons, nothing happens.

Please Help me. I am new to all this. Is there any way to fix this?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded 5.1 OTA today on T-Mobile. After updating, I had severe issues such as screen going black during calls, ambient display not working, google play services not working, and random reboots.

My phone was working perfect on 5.0.1 so i decided to flash 5.0.1 stock rom. I followed all the exact steps listed in the How-TO page on this website.

Nexus 6 was stuck in a boot loop. I was able to to go into recovery, and do wipe data/factory reset. Now the phone boots up, says "optimizing apps ## / ##" and then reboots again each time.

If I try to go into recovery mode holding power and volume up buttons, nothing happens.

Please Help me. I am new to all this. Is there any way to fix this?

Try using Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit to unbrick it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Reload the factory image. It sounds like you're userdata is screwed up somehow. You can copy off the files on the internal storage from TWRP if there are any left.

Wugfresh can do it. The factory image's flash-all script will handle that as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty