How do I export/backup emails from my Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

After a massive data loss my company had a row with their IT provider and subsequently changed providers, however in doing so we lost access to the former exchange server, which means that the only access I have to some old emails is stored on my phone (on both the default email app and on Touchdown).

Is there any way of backing up these emails or exporting them into some sort of Outlook or otherwise readable system so I don't permanently lose these emails if something goes wrong with my phone and I need to access them later?

rayhtc

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this. Here is the method I found...

Open an email on your phone and find where you can "save email as file". It is usually in the upper right dropdown. After saving, go to your phone's storage and find the Saved Email folder. The email will be saved as an *.eml file. Since the file is relatively small, you can do this for multiple emails. (It is a little time consuming to open emails and save as files but once you get the hang of it you can go pretty fast.) All you are doing is opening emails and saving them to that Saved Email folder.

Next, using an email account, email the *.eml file(s) to the email address you want to place the emails in. Remember you can attach multiple files in one email since they are small files. Now open the email account on your computer with the attachments and select an *.eml file. When you open the attachment it will appear as an open email. Move the open email to the folder you want it to appear in.

The email will now be in that folder and appear just as it was on your phone. Unfortunately you now have to spend time opening each *.eml file as an email and moving it to the desired folder. At least now the emails will be saved where you want them in the order (date and time) as they appeared on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87