How can I change APN type settings from the four default settings?

A

AC Question

I got a android chinese knock off of the samsung 20.6 i think. quad core 1.5, android version 4.4.2 model # N9106. In APN type settings there is only four choices default, mms, spl and wap. I need to be able to enter my own settings. Any ideas on what I can do or change. I suck at software and rooting or what ever ive never done. Any all help will be greatly appreciated. Oh and im using cricket wireless.

MurderVette

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for replying but its not what I am asking. In APN settings there is "APN type" menu and I am only given 4 options and those options are "default, mms,supl and wap."

What I need to be able to do is write my own string like:
"APN type: default, mms, fota, Hipri, supl" <---- This I am unable to put in as there is know way to change the four factory settings that I have found?

I have deleted, rebooted, and tried to re-add apn type but still only have those four I mentioned up top.

Is there a way to edit the APN type in APN settings? Do I have to root the device, can I get into the source files or what ever and change it the options or what ever? Really this is the only thing stopping me right now from, using my sim to get on internet and using phone etc, well I can get on internet but its slow and drops calls or wont even make a call etc.

I hope you guys are seeing or reading what i am trying or attempting to say or explain. Maybe i should just root it some how with some program thats very easy for a newb user like me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the ROM is standard, it should allow you to add an APN - which you can set any way you like. If it's not, you can only use one of the 4 in the phone. (That's one of the problems with Chinese knockoffs - there's no data available about them.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer