Why does my Android phone keep saying Avoided poor internet connection?

bonrw

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Why does my Android phone keeps saying Avoided poor internet connection

Hi,

I have a Swees Android Smartphone, and have had it for a year now. Today, I tried to connect it to my internet, and it keeps saying "Avoided poor internet connection". I have never got this before. I have looked up a few videos on YouTube, and most of them say that in the advances settings on the Wifi tab in the settings, there should be a "Avoid poor internet connections" option, however, I am not getting this option.. If anyone can help, I would be extremely thankful! :)

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android phone keeps saying Avoided poor internet connection

Welcome to Android Central. I am not familiar with Swees Android phones, but in the settings there should be a option to ignore the weak or poor wifi or internet signals. Its possible something has become messed up somehow, there are apps on the Playstore (depending on your country) that will allow you to backup your device so you can factory reset it and see if that corrects the problem. Next I would suggest trying to download and restore via the firmware for your device, if either of those works you can restore your apps or build from scratch, sometimes its better to start with a clean slate.

bonrw

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android phone keeps saying Avoided poor internet connection

Hi, thanks so much! There is no setting to ignore the weak wifi internet signals.. I only have "Network notification, Keep wifi on during sleep, Wifi optimization, MAC address, IPv4 adress".. I don't really want to restart.. I had to doit a while ago "about 5 months ago" because of another wifi problem, and I don't want to have to do it all over again.. :\ And I can't go on to Backup and reset because I need an SD card..

itvnky

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: Why does my Android phone keeps saying Avoided poor internet connection

Go to developer options and enable "aggressive wifi to cellular handover". That should fix it