Lollipop issues

A

AC Question

Hello everyone,
I have accidentally installed Lollipop on my S4 (I had kitkat which was running perfectly). I thought that it was an update for kitkat and not a full upgrade to Lollipop.
Apart from the new layout (white background for keypad) which is not as relaxing for the eyes as the old black with white letters (probably also consumes more power now), I have a problem with kids mode. For some reason I'm required to re-install the whole thing, which I tried about 1236547987865 times by un-installing and downloading all over again. When I try to launch the app, it asks me to create a profile for my child, so I type the name, then click next so I can type the date of birth and the app crashes. Every single time. Can anyone help?
Also, is there a safe and trouble-free way to revert back to kitkat 4.4.2?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Androoks

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy but wiping the cache partition didn't work. It still crashes when I'm creating a profile. I type the name, click next and it stops working. When I exit, the shortcut icon of kids mode is the android icon instead of the kids mode icon (just like before).

Regarding the downgrade, I don't want to create more trouble with my phone so I'll skip it, for now at least.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the App Manager and select Kids Mode. Is there a "Move to SD" or "Move to Phone" button? If it's "Move to Phone," then try tapping that. I wonder if it's been Moved to SD, and the SD is causing problems (which is not uncommon on Samsung devices).