Why can't I receive push notifications? (Please check below for further detail)

A

AC Question

Can an expert please help me with this issue. I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 with AT&T, have the latest software update for the phone (Android Lollipop 5.0), have all the latest app updates for all of my installed apps. I am quite the tech savvy but not enough I suppose to solve this issue. When I am on Wi-Fi everything works great, I get push notifications for all my apps such as emails being received, A like on a photo, A retweet on twitter, A new "snap" in Snapchat, "My village is being attacked" in Clash Of Clans, etc. You get the point. Great I love it no issues, the problems start occurring as soon as I am disconnected from a Wi-Fi network and onto my Data (4G LTE) when I am on my data and not on Wi-Fi I receive no push notifications at all, not a single one. I would have to go into the app manually and refresh it from there. And for anybody who is familiar with the social media app "Snapchat" it doesn't even work while connected to said data only on Wi-Fi. This has been happening for a quite a while now even before the update so much to the point where I have almost become accustomed to it but I want this fixed. I have searched all over the internet, blogs, troubleshooting etc. Nothing works. I have cleared my cache, made sure "Auto-Sync" is enabled, made sure "Background Data" is allowed, made sure the Restricting Data feature is turned off, basically all of your basic tech would think to do. I would like to not have to factory reset it. Somebody, Anybody please help me with this issue if you can I would greatly greatly appreciate it. It would be quite the life saver. Thanks.
-Alex

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My wife recently went on cruise and when she got back all here MMS messages and other things that use data wasn't coming through so I turned phone off took out sim card , started phone back up and after it was fully started put sim card back in and everything was fine. You could try it, may not be similar problem but heck it's free to try!