What is the maximum class, UHS rating, Samsung Galaxy s3 mini will handle?

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 mini SM-G730V 8 gb with 4.4.2 jellybean. My storage is full. I have been researching micro SD cards to find out what my speed and capacity choices are and this information is not even in the user manual. In the manual, it just states that it supports up to 64 gb. So what I need to know is, will it support a UHS 3 rating SDXC card that has higher speed capability for both write speed and read speed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A computer will "handle" any memory at least as fast as it needs, so a Commodore 64 will handle 5ns RAM, even though RAM ran at microsecond speed when it was designed.

The Note 3 will handle U3, but it won't run it at U3 speed, it will run it at about U1 burst and about Class 6 sustained. (The rated speed is burst speed, not the speed you can expect when transferring a large file.) It's the CPU clock that determines how fast the memory runs, regardless of how fast it can run. If you're planning on using the card in a phone that does 4k video some time in the future, you'll be able to use that card, but if not, save money and buy a U1 (or Class 10 - same thing) card.

I suggest SanDisk for quality and ease of dealing with the company in the rare event that you have a problem. (I haven't in years of using their products. I have communicated with them on various matters, and it was a pleasure.)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz