How do I update my rooted Galaxy Note 2?

joshuatecs

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I was just wondering how I would be able to update my phone to the latest firmware that it has. I used to have these update notifications before I had my phone converted to open line (I'm from the Philippines). After the procedure, I tried clicking the update button but it says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available." I just have this sort of OC feeling when it comes to firmware that I usually want the latest ones. Any help?

Details:

Model number: GT-N7100
Current Version: 4.1.2
Baseband Version: N7100DXDLK5

If ya need more details, I can provide. Thanks :D

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately rooting disables oem updates. The only way to update is to flash a custom rom or restore the factory rom and see if the update is pushed to your device.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Why would you want to unroot it and update it? There are better ROMs than the stock ROM. I'm running DN4 ROM which puts Note 4 features on your Note 2. It is Kitkat v4.4.4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want to unroot it and update it? There are better ROMs than the stock ROM. I'm running DN4 ROM which puts Note 4 features on your Note 2. It is Kitkat v4.4.4

People root for different reasons. I personally like TouchWiz and the only reason I ever root is to be able to delete bloatware. I never flash a custom ROM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana