Why are you not able to "move" a deleted e-mail back into your "Inbox"?

A

AC Question

I use a POP e-mail with a service provider in Canada. I inadvertently deleted an e-mail from by in-box. It shows up in what my provider calls a recycle folder but there is no option to either move it back into my in-box or to forward, reply or reply all as those options (in a bar at the bottom of the deleted e-mail) are all "grayed" out. The only option is to delete. In the upper right hand corner of the screen when I open up the deleted e-mail is "More". When I select that the only options are as follows:
Mark as unread, Save e-mail to file, Add to Priority senders, compose e-mail and Print.

I didn't have this issue on my S5. I called Samsung but they can only tell me that some features on "older" phones are gone but that maybe this will be addressed in future upgrades. I called by provider but they said it's the phone. Small thing I know but annoying just the same; especially if you delete it in error. Anyone else see this?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why are you not able to "move" a deleted e-mail back into your "Inbox"?

Login to your account using a browser and the webmail interface. You should be able to move it from the Recycle folder back to your inbox. If you leave it in Recycle it will probably be automatically permanently deleted after a certain number of days.

However, since this is POP3 service, the restored email will not sync back to the inbox on your phone like it would if you had IMAP service.

Without a 'Move' option AFAIK the only way to get that email back in your phone's inbox is to forward it to yourself from webmail.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are you not able to "move" a deleted e-mail back into your "Inbox"?

Or you could install an older email app, put that account into it and move the email back. Then uninstall the older app. (That's why I back up all apps before updating them. Sometimes what they consider an update, I consider a downgrade.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95