Hello and thanks so much for this forum!! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and an HP Pavillion laptop that is running Windows 8.

I have set my copmputer to automatically connect to my cell phone's mobile hot spot when I turn it on.

If I have my laptop on, and then turn on my cell phone's mobie hot spot service, my computer will not connect to it or even recognize it as an available device unless I restart my computer...

Is this normal or is there a way to set it to automatically connect when I activate my phone's hot spot without restarting my computer every time?

Thank you for your time and help!!!
    07-12-2015 08:24 AM
    WOW..... 503 views and no replies... Guess this was more of a computer question than a cell phone question.......
    07-15-2015 06:31 AM
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

I can't really advise either.

500 views is not much. Some like me read a lot of questions and leave it to others to answer if we don't feel confident. Unfortunately some questions drop down, and while ambassadors try to mop these up later not every question gets answered. I subscribe to threads like this if I am interested in the responses.

So posters are welcome to 'bump' their thread with another post as you have done.

It's difficult to answer without going through a lot of questions. I had a slightly similar problem last year on Windows 7, thread here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...t-timeout.html
    and some answers were insightful.

I will try to get back to you later. US evening times are when you often get the best responders.
    07-15-2015 06:55 AM