What's the deal with iPhones?

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I watch a lot of YouTube videos and have seen a lot of comparisons between iOS and Android. I feel that the two are very equal to each other as far as apps and hardware.

For a long time, Apple had the upper hand when it came to apps and camera quality. But, obviously that has changed and Android has caught up to Apple in the camera department.

The one thing that is so prevalent in almost all of the YouTubers is the fact that they almost always use iPhones for their daily drivers. I'm wondering why this is the case. I can't understand what it is about iPhones that make so many people want them. Especially since there are so many great Android devices out right now.

I'm sure one reason could be that they use a Mac and it makes sense to have an iPhone as well. But I know that's not the only reason. Is it just the simplicity of them or is there something about them that makes them seem more like a premium device enabling them to get more things done?

I'm not a fan boy on either side, although I currently am using a 5S. I am trying to consider the best option right now and to find a reason to stay with Apple. But I can't for the life of me think of any good reasons to.

So, I'm just wondering what it is about iPhones that makes them so appealing to YouTube creators and other consumers.

I certainly appreciate any feedback and opinions on this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They use the iPhone simply because they like it. The iPhone isn't a bad phone but I prefer Android and that is what I use. They may be tied into the Apple Ecosystem so they feel comfortable there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Many people are fanboys of Apple. Other considerations are battery life (phone for phone, the iPhone uses less battery) and iMessage.

But you also can't do much with an iPhone. Android phones are more "open source" - both in hardware and software. Many manufacturers make phones in different configurations (you can still get a little Android phone for under $100) and many people write custom ROMs and other things that you can't do on an iPhone.

It really comes down to what you want. Some people want Mini Coopers, some want Corvettes.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I do think a lot of people just think of iPhones as the best or the standard that all other smartphones should bow down to. That if you have an iPhone, you are a somebody.

I do agree somewhat with the battery consumption on iPhones. The software is better optimized with the hardware. But, really I couldn't care less about that. I don't want any one company telling me what my phone has to be or look like.