Why does the notification "Currently unable to download. please try again later" keep popping up?

A

AC Question

Why does the notification "Currently unable to download. please try again later" keep popping up?

This is driving me crazy. I cant seem to get it to go away. I haven't tried to download anything. I am connected to wifi however and my mobile data is on and running just fine. I reset my factory settings, pulled the battery out AND reboot (all suggestions given by google) and nothing works! HELP!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does the notification "Currently unable to download. please try again later" keep popping up

This is driving me crazy. I cant seem to get it to go away. I haven't tried to download anything. I am connected to wifi however and my mobile data is on and running just fine. I reset my factory settings, pulled the battery out AND reboot (all suggestions given by google) and nothing works! HELP!

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried going in to your settings, applications, all apps, find the download app and clear the data. See if that fixes it.

David Taft1

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does the notification "Currently unable to download. please try again later" keep popping up

That fix just worked to stop that error message for me thanks.

Spoke too soon, it keeps coming back, even though there is nothing in the cache. I have disabled notifications, hopefully that will stop it.

Last edited:

Misscalhoun2009

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

It's a 3rd party app problem. Tested safe mode on/off and it only happened when safe mode was off. Uninstalled Facebook first because I figured it was probably the culprit. Didn't have the message one time while uninstalled. Reinstalled, no message. Signed in, and the torturous message came back. So I will do more research into Facebook and why it's doing this, folks.

Doug Bailey1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same problem... please let me know if you figure it out... & I will do the same... Thank you & good luck...

PlainDave

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

It's a 3rd party app problem. Tested safe mode on/off and it only happened when safe mode was off. Uninstalled Facebook first because I figured it was probably the culprit. Didn't have the message one time while uninstalled. Reinstalled, no message. Signed in, and the torturous message came back. So I will do more research into Facebook and why it's doing this, folks.

PlainDave

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

My brother is having the same problem. It also started when he upgraded to Lollipop. Arggg!

Michael Hay42

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

I got that too when I upgraded to Lollipop.
This one of the issues with Lollipop... Maybe the worst