How to get rid of a Trojan virus, Help!!

A

AC Question

Every time I go to use the Internet it won't let me, there are multiple pop ups saying I have to pay for something and that its against the law if I don't. I went on a website and it must of installed itself to my phone. I've been through all my downloads and its still there after removing almost everything!

Please help!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can't use it, you might need to do a factory reset to see if that helps.
Before you do that, just remember to download your files, music, videos and pictures to an external storage device that has nothing saved on it.
After reactivating your device, don't download your apps, get an antivirus and start downloading your "must use" apps and so on. Don't download any app you downloaded around the time your phone went crazy on you.
Run the antivirus during this process to see if it detects anything.
Same process when getting back your files, music etc.

Good luck!

AJK Labs

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Check which all apps are running in backgroud. The virus that creates poups should be running in background. Stop suspicious process one by one. And in between do the scenario which brings popups. This way you can catch the culprit app.

Use popular Antivirus apps in Android. Do a deep scan, AVG, Avast, LookOut are good options.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
In the past this has help me with pesky pop-ups.
Delete browser history, delete browser cache, delete browser, then wipe cache partition. If you have more than one browser then delete history, cache, and delete each browser. As I said, this worked for me. I now use Bitdefender and so far have had no more problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87