Does anybody know why my camera has services and processes running even when the app is closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Android system prefers to have RAM mostly full (unlike Windows, which prefers to have RAM as empty as possible). So the system will control which apps it wants to keep open in RAM, based on usage patterns, as well as the coding of the app itself. The camera isn't doing anything in the background--it's just ready to open up quickly if you need it. If the system needs to free up RAM to open another app it will automatically close one of the apps that hasn't been used in a while in order to open up the new app.

See these articles for more info:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/380592-guide-ram-android.html
RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Phillyjoeyb

Banned
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I think it's the government running cameras at all times Cameron does not have any reason to have a service of process running unless Jeffrey being used so I disable the camera until I actually need it.

Phillyjoeyb

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Read the post linked below. There are 3 states that processes can be in. Only one of the 3 is actually active, drawing a significant amount of power.

If you go to:
Settings > Apps > Running
...you see a long list, but that's very misleading. Almost all of the stuff listed is not active. Please, read this post. It explains a bit more:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4675437

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Many antivirus apps show false positives fairly often. I wouldn't trust most of them.

Which phone do you have again?

Side note, this thread is bittersweet to look at, since one of our dearly departed members Crashdamage had last responded in 2015.:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.