Does anyone know what XRVD app is or the purpose or serves?

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
Does anyone know what XRVD app is or the purpose or serves?
It was on my Samsung.
Not on my Google Pixel pro 7.
Was not on my Motorola, but recently appeared out of nowhere.
I have my permissions off for all apps in regards to being able to install unknown apps.... And it still is installing unknown apps like
App Box
Call Guardian and some others. Can someone help me understand please

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Bit o' googlin' shows a few results on apk mirror from Sony, Veevo and several from Xiaomi.

What Samsung be ye ownin'? And did ye be settin' it up by transferrin' yer data from an old device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
Bit o' googlin' shows a few results on apk mirror from Sony, Veevo and several from Xiaomi.

What Samsung be ye ownin'? And did ye be settin' it up by transferrin' yer data from an old device?
I'm not on a Samsung.. I'm currently on a Motorola stylus 5g22

And i did not transfer any data. I learned that's not a good way (for me) to do things. Cause you don't always want all the chit to be on new device

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
The full name of the package is com.qualcomm.qti.xrvd.service: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/xrvd/xrvd-12-release/xrvd-12-android-apk-download/. The fact that Qualcomm is in the package name should be reassuring. It looks like it has to do with Qualcomm's VR capabilities (which they call "XR"): https://www.qualcomm.com/products/mobile/snapdragon/xr-vr-ar/snapdragon-xr2-5g-platform
I did not download any apk
So again i ask what purpose does it serve. And how do you think it ended up on my phone. Because i do not download apk or any other type of app etc that isn't on the play store.. not that it makes it 100% safe, we all know better. But it's safer i believe

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a system app. You don't download system apps -- they're preinstalled.

As a layperson, I can't explain the function of every single system app on a phone. You'd have to talk to an engineer about that. But what I was saying was that the full name of the app should be reassuring in that it is clearly from Qualcomm (which makes the phone's CPU), and is therefore not malware or anything shady.

I would suggest you enjoy your phone and not get worried about system apps that you don't recognize on your phone. After all, do you look through the hundreds of thousands of system files on a Windows PC and worry about what each one of them does?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
It's a system app. You don't download system apps -- they're preinstalled.

As a layperson, I can't explain the function of every single system app on a phone. You'd have to talk to an engineer about that. But what I was saying was that the full name of the app should be reassuring in that it is clearly from Qualcomm (which makes the phone's CPU), and is therefore not malware or anything shady.

I would suggest you enjoy your phone and not get worried about system apps that you don't recognize on your phone. After all, do you look through the hundreds of thousands of system files on a Windows PC and worry about what each one of them does?
Just fyi, this particular one was not pre installed on my Motorola. At the time i created thread I'd had my Motorola for several months already and it had just appeared that day.
But it's fine all is good. Thanks for info and help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej