HELP!! Galaxy s4 cannot boot up,is there anyway to back up the phone internal memory to a computer??

A

AC Question

Hi all,

My galaxy s4 cannot boot up to home screen(tried to clear cache partition at recovery) but i can boot to recovery mode, if possible i would like to back up the data on my phone to my laptop before i send it for repair as i will lose all content.

Are there any programs and tools out there you guys can recommend?

Thanks

felson teo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Right now i can either boot into recovery mode or download mode. Are they any tools or software that can access my internal storage through these platform?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do. Maybe if you're rooted, using ADB, but I don't know what's involved or even if it's possible. Even Samsung will probably tell you there's no way. Have you called Samsung yet?

By the way, have you tried pulling/reinstalling the battery before attempting Safe mode?

felson teo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
i have manged to root my device using twrp and odin , datas such as music and pictures i have retrieved them.
Is there anyway i can retrieve my contacts as well or where are contacts stored in the internal memory(I have copied everything)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Web search indicates contacts are supposedly stored here... /data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases... however, on my own phone, I don't even have this folder. Try doing a search for .db on your phone. If you happened to export your contacts to your SD, it would have an extension of .vcf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy