Galaxy S5 Stock email app - out of sync

A

AC Question

Hi, I am having trouble with the stock email app. When I read an email on my desktop it does not show as read on the phone. I have also deleted emails from my inbox on the PC but they still show in the folder on the phone. The weird thing is it is only some emails - not all.

It also seems to be since updating to android 5.0 as I never used to have this problem and my IMAP accounts have not changed. I have also checked the email server and they are being marked read on there (which I knew because the desktop shows correct, as does my laptop.)

I was hoping there was a way to force the app to do a complete dump of its data and then do a re-sync but I can't see that as an option unless I delete the accounts and set them back up... which is less than ideal.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers, Brett

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, have you checked the IMAP server settings for the email account in the Email app's settings, to make sure they exactly match what your email provider gives?

Second, if it's IMAP, it shouldn't be a hassle to remove the account from the Email app, then add it back again. The emails aren't being pushed to the phone from the server and then being deleted from the server, like with POP3--the Email app is just syncing with the email server with IMAP. I've done this before, and it just takes a maybe 10-30 seconds to finish syncing, depending on how big your inbox and other folders are.