Moto X 1060 will not turn on after 5.1 update and screen replacement, any ideas?

A

AC Question

OK so I updated to 5.0 last weekend (9/19/15) and everything was working great. I dropped my phone (even though I have ton of times before) and the screen broke. I bought a new screen+digitizer/LCD and installed it Saturday (9/26/15) and everything seemed to be good. Saturday night my phone was acting weird and it rebooted and was optimizing apps and I noticed the system was then on 5.1 (OK even though I don't recall installing it). Come Sunday morning (today) and my phone is just freaking out completely. The screen was complete static and then shut down at about 9 am but I used the phone just fine from 6:30-9. It turned on about a hour later and optimized apps why I was boarding an airplane. I shot out 2 texts and flipped to airplane mode for the flight. Listened to music the whole time with no issues. landed and put it back on the verizon network. sent a couple texts and then the phone stops responding. Reboots and tries to optimize apps again. Crashes during that. It tries again to optimize apps. Crashes during that.

I tried to hold the power button down for 10 seconds a few times now. It will vibrate and that is it.
It is plugged into the wall and just vibrates every 45 seconds or so.
Plugged into my complete to see if I can see the device and it just vibrates every 45 seconds and does nothing else.

I am in Branson MO right now for work, no phone is not ideal. My thoughts are that it is either of the following:

Bad connections on my screen replacement (did this myself but it really was not that hard).
Android update issue

I can't take the phone apart right now since I don't have any tools with me. So I can't check the first one.
I can't get the phone to stay on so I can't back it up and reset it.

Any other ideas?

Ahsaan Ansari

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
OK so I updated to 5.0 last weekend (9/19/15) and everything was working great. I dropped my phone (even though I have ton of times before) and the screen broke. I bought a new screen+digitizer/LCD and installed it Saturday (9/26/15) and everything seemed to be good. Saturday night my phone was acting weird and it rebooted and was optimizing apps and I noticed the system was then on 5.1 (OK even though I don't recall installing it). Come Sunday morning (today) and my phone is just freaking out completely. The screen was complete static and then shut down at about 9 am but I used the phone just fine from 6:30-9. It turned on about a hour later and optimized apps why I was boarding an airplane. I shot out 2 texts and flipped to airplane mode for the flight. Listened to music the whole time with no issues. landed and put it back on the verizon network. sent a couple texts and then the phone stops responding. Reboots and tries to optimize apps again. Crashes during that. It tries again to optimize apps. Crashes during that.

I tried to hold the power button down for 10 seconds a few times now. It will vibrate and that is it.
It is plugged into the wall and just vibrates every 45 seconds or so.
Plugged into my complete to see if I can see the device and it just vibrates every 45 seconds and does nothing else.

I am in Branson MO right now for work, no phone is not ideal. My thoughts are that it is either of the following:

Bad connections on my screen replacement (did this myself but it really was not that hard).
Android update issue

I can't take the phone apart right now since I don't have any tools with me. So I can't check the first one.
I can't get the phone to stay on so I can't back it up and reset it.

Any other ideas?
Roots Sport

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non