Question after android update -screen zoom no longer works on status bar icons and text

gogoog

Nov 23, 2022
Visit site
Samsung A14 using Android 13 had options in display setting to increase fonts and icons size. One setting affects only the font size of text. The "zoom" option originally increased all object including status text and icons like "time" wifi connection battery status etc.

Since I am an old fart - and can't see very well - I needed this option to be able to read these characters.

Anyway - I got the phone with Android 13 - updated Jan- 23 - and everything was fine, I was really excited because i am old and poor it was the first phone for me with true 1080 display and a really nice fine dot pitch. Anyway i was forced into Nov -23 android update and I "lost" my screen zoom of any status bar area material. It does still increase fonts and icons - but not in the status area. Color me pissed off........

A factory reset did no good, and so I assume Samsung no longer give a "*** about being able to read status icons and they knew the update broke this previous flexibility?

Any Samsung experts know if there is a work around? I have old Samsungs with Android 8.1 and 9 and they both continue to screen zoom status info correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana