How do I add a photo to my lg g4 phone contact list?

A

AC Question

I want to be able to have a photo of the caller come up when placing and receiving call.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Open the Contacts or People app and choose the contact you want to add a photo for. Choose "edit" and click on the space where the image would be. If that doesn't work, then look for an option within the menu to "add photo" and use that.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Open the Contacts or People app and choose the contact you want to add a photo for. Choose "edit" and click on the space where the image would be. If that doesn't work, then look for an option within the menu to "add photo" and use that.

There's no "edit" option on my phone. There's the three dots with options (not one of which is edit) and the star. No edit option. How is this fixed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen for contacts saved to your Google account? Or is it only for contacts saved to the local Phone account?

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes I am connected to the web, and I can't post a screenshot to this forum without showing personal info. Suffice it to say, there is no pencil icon allowing me to edit the info on several of my contacts, only the star and three dot icons in the corner

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There should be some way to figure out which account those contacts are associated with. In the Contacts app, tap Menu>Contacts to Display, and choose only a certain account to display, and see when those particular contacts (the ones that don't have an Edit icon) show up and when they disappear.

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't have a "contacts menu"... If I click my contacts icon, there's three dots in the corner and none of them allow me to select specific contacts. All of the contacts I cannot edit only have the cloud icon under "accounts". Of they have a phone AND cloud icon, I AM able to edit them

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. A Contacts to Display option is pretty standard, in my experience. Just to be sure -- you are looking at the Contacts app, and not the Contacts tab of the Dialer app, right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about the mobile performance.:-\ Are you using the AC app, the Tapatalk-based AC Forums app, or the mobile website on your browser? The latter will be the slowest. The Tapatalk-based app is probably the best way to participate from a mobile device.

I wonder if Verizon Cloud contacts can't be edited on the phone. I don't use Verizon, so I can't be sure, and I can't find that specific issue in Verizon's help pages. Are you able to edit those contacts as described here?