Custom notification for a text based on the message

A

AC Question

I have a SmartThings hub at home which can control/monitor doors, motion sensors, smoke alarms, etc. This device sends out specific text messages when predefined events occur, i.e. when a door is opened it will send a text "door opened," or if the smoke alarm senses smoke it will send out a text "FIRE." Obviously some texts are just simple notifications while others are urgent. These texts/notifications all come from the same text number. So can I set a unique ringtone based on the message text when they originate from the same number?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Tasker will do this, but it's a paid app and since lollipop there have be a few bugs. You may be able to find an app similar to tasker without the bugs or maybe they're fixed tasker? You used to be able to download a few 30 day trial from the internet, not the Play Store. You could try it, if you like it and don't have any problems go get it from the Play Store. It's an easier process and makes installing it after changing devices or factory resetting easier than the online purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol