Android Device Manager - Erase Notification?

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

I recently had my phone stolen, and initially i did not know that the Android Device Manager was a thing, but i learned of it and quickly locked the phone, and here i received a blue bar notification that the lock was successful. Initially i was hesitant to Erase the phone, since the notice said i wouldn't be able to track it anymore, but decided that i needed to wipe it so they could not access my files and information - though in the meantime the phone had been turned off.

I sent an Erase request, and i was told that when the phone came on again it would be wiped - I checked ADM with regular intervals after, but it didn't come online again.

Today however i log in and the phone had a new "Last online" date than before (which is today), though no blue bar notification or anything to tell me if my Erase request was succesful or not.
I really want it wiped before i call in an IMEI lock on the phone, so therefore my question is: Do I receive a form of confirmation or notification if this wipe was succesful or not?, because I can understand that i won't be able to see it as online after the wipe - I just really want to know if any future track attempts are unsuccesful because of a wipe or the thieves have done something to it and still have my data.

Sorry for the long post, hope someone can be of help :)