Looking for a 'quick text' option

A

AC Question

Just bought a 'smartphone' after using a basic phone for several years. My basic phone had a 'quick text' option for text messaging which gave you several pre-defined messages that could be added to your message with one click. I now have an LG phone (transpyre) with Android 5.1.1 and there is no quick text option that I can find. Any suggestions on an app? Not interested in bells and whistles, just want a quick text option that will allow me to drop in common phrases with one or two clicks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some keyboards have a text shortcut option in their dictionary, where you assign an abbreviation for a phrase (e.g., "ty" for "thank you"). If you type "ty," you'd then see "thank you" appear as an option to replace the text with.

Fleksy has this option, but it's even easier, because the full text will appear automatically (instead of having to tap the word suggestion).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe this is not a standard feature inside the stock messaging app.

The way I look at it, stock Android and stock apps tend towards being more basic when it comes to features, because that's what 3rd party developers are for. If you have multiple features already baked into a stock app, then you run the risk of making things too bloated, with features that many people might not find useful. Or they might be features that people like, but prefer from another 3rd party app that does it better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87