Mrs maureen stygallHow do I remove tabs

H

How to close tabs

I'm new to computers when I click on a site it says close some tabs, what do I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and which browser are you using? Each time you tap a link to view in the browser, it's probably creating a new tab or browser window (like on your desktop browser). The browser on Android can only have a certain number of browser tabs/windows open at a time, since that all takes up memory. It's a good idea keep the number of open browser tabs under 10 or so.

Usually, there's a tab manager button at the top or bottom of the browser screen--it should look like a square with a number in it, or like a couple of squares overlapping each other. Tap it, and it will show you all of your currently open tabs. Start closing tabs by either swiping them away, or tapping the X at each tab's corner.

If you're using the Chrome browser and you don't see a tab manager, tap the Menu button at the upper right, then Settings, then Merge Tabs and Apps, and make sure that setting is Off. Now look again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38