Will not connect after SideSync 4.0 update

A

AC Question

Been using SideSync for about 2-3 years without problems. I prefer to connect via USB because my WiFi is sometimes unstable and slow. Problem started when I updated SideSync to version 4.0. Now it doesn't seem to know or recognize when the USB cable is connected. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but the problem remains the same. Initially I am able to connect via WiFi and it works fine for 5-10 minutes and then shuts off by itself. After that I cannot connect anymore by WiFi or USB cable. I also tried to initially connect via cable by shutting off the WiFi but the mobile app asks me to turn on the WiFi, there is no cable option. I'm using a Note 3 and an Acer TravelMate. I really would like to continue using SideSync as it helps make my work easier. Please, if anyone can help me out. Thanks, "Frustrated with Samsung updates"

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Been using SideSync for about 2-3 years without problems. I prefer to connect via USB because my WiFi is sometimes unstable and slow. Problem started when I updated SideSync to version 4.0. Now it doesn't seem to know or recognize when the USB cable is connected. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but the problem remains the same. Initially I am able to connect via WiFi and it works fine for 5-10 minutes and then shuts off by itself. After that I cannot connect anymore by WiFi or USB cable. I also tried to initially connect via cable by shutting off the WiFi but the mobile app asks me to turn on the WiFi, there is no cable option. I'm using a Note 3 and an Acer TravelMate. I really would like to continue using SideSync as it helps make my work easier. Please, if anyone can help me out. Thanks, "Frustrated with Samsung updates"

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be a driver issue as well. Did you try uninstalling the Samsung phone driver from the computer and then re installing side sync?

I have been using AirDriod for a long time and really like it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en&token=Af5HUzSJ

AGH22G

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with SideSync 4.0 not connecting with USB.
It just does not work. I cannot use WI-FI.
I've tried 3 different PCs and 4 USB cords. Air Droid is not close to the same thing.
Nor or any of the other "related" desktop mirrors. It is very disappointing
but it kinda feels like Samsung has abandoned the USB connection without stating it. Notice how even the install instructions assume WI-FI and the USB connection is an afterthought. Is it piossible to put version 3 back on? I can't find it.

ILOVEMSFT

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Sidesync is not automatically connecting to my PC. It connects 50% of the time. When it dies not connect I usually have to close the apps both on my cell and pc then it connects. This Is very frustrating.
Please help
Thanks
Ll

Bushy Brows

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung Tab S3 and a Samsung S8. Also Sidesync is installed on my Windows PC.

I was facing connectivity issues between my Tab and both the S8 and PC, until I disabled Power Saving mode in my Tab.

It connects well to either S8 or PC now.

SurfingTech

Jun 16, 2018
Visit site
I too have Sidesync problems. Brand new Galaxy Tab S3 and a replacement Samsung Galaxy S8+. Worked everytime before last week. At first my phone would "see" my TabS3 but after the TabS3 stopped talking in the app I just give up.
Software?

I applaud you sir. Turning off battery saver worked like a charm. Good find there fellow technician.

Last edited by a moderator:

krongo

Aug 3, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem. You sometimes need to open the app manually on the phone as well as the computer and they will connect. It doesn't do it automatically, but will allow you to connect via USB still.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo