Malware?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking at that Silent Services link. It's a little suspicious, but it could also be some glitch from the carrier or some other service that you use. In any case, don't click on any link associated with those messages.

Inchworm

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I was just looking at that Silent Services link. It's a little suspicious, but it could also be some glitch from the carrier or some other service that you use. In any case, don't click on any link associated with those messages.

There wasn't any link but it showed up after my phone randomly booted into safe mode and made me panic

Frank_B#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
OK, called FIDO tech support today, and they feel that it is an app that is responsible for these messages. FIDO had several on their list, one of which is the Samsung Messages app. However, they had over a dozen on their list, so it could be any or all of them.

The thing I don't get is that I have push messaging turned off, and I still get them.

FWIW, I left the most recent one on my phone, and never opened it. I have received no more since. I am going to just let it work its way to the bottom of my list of messages, and leave it there. Perhaps that will stop any further ones from coming through.

Please note that I have not opened ANY of these messages, so I don't know if there is malware attached to them or not. Perhaps it is legitimate. However, at this point I don't know, and therefore I will not open one to find out.

Frank.

Frank_B#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I have found an answer on another forum. With permission, I will paste this link:

Wap_Push_Si! Appearing as blank text message in my text inbox

Toward the end of that thread it is noted that the message comes on reboot or startup EVEN IF THE PHONE IS IN AIRPLANE MODE, and therefore completely unable to receive ANY message, push or otherwise. Therefore, the problem is a bug in an app on the phone. It is not coming over the air, either cellular or wifi. The culprit seems to be Google Messenger.

The thread recommends uninstalling Google Messenger. As soon as I did that on my Galaxy Note 4, the messages stopped as well.

I think the problem is solved.

Frank.

ajcscan

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
So.....hold on here......I was using the default text messaging app on my Note 4 and was receiving this WA PUSHI message every morning when i turned it on. i switched TO the Google messaging app and the message went away?? you are all saying just the opposite, am I correct?
I'm confused now?