why doesKyocera app shortcuts get deleted

Braex

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Kyocera hydro air a week ago and love it but when I ran out of space on my 8gb phone I put games on my 32gb SD card. The apps are on the SD card, and do work but every time I completely turn my phone off and after it boots back up all of my shortcuts i made for the apps on my sd card on my home screen get deleted. I can still run the apps normally but I can't keep the shortcuts on the home screen after restart. Any information about this subject would really help.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've seen other people mention this kind of issue, but I'm not always sure why it happens. After a reboot, go to Settings>Apps, and select one of the apps that you moved to SD--is it still moved to SD, or did it move back to Internal Storage?

Also, I'm curious as to why you're completely powering the phone down. Unless you anticipate not using the phone for a prolonged time, there's really no need to power the phone off completely. Just keep the screen off, and leave it plugged into a wall outlet overnight. This would also help you avoid the disappearing shortcut issue.