Galaxy S4 messed up after root and hard reset

A

AC Question

Hello,

I rooted my phone with kingroot about a month ago ... since then i deleted some of the apps that came with the phone to save some space and I must have deleted ones that i should not have. My phone started to get a little laggy and some of the apps stopped working. So I removed the root using the same software and that did not solve anything. I then finally decided to do a hard reset which I did and erased all data/accounts.

Now when the phone boots up it still shows the empty padlock symbol with the word "custom" under it (just like when it was rooted). And also i do not have a keyboard to type with. It only gives me the talk to text option and i cant do anything with it. When bypassing all items that needs typing (password for my wifi, name, account info etc), I get to the main screen and it boots in the "easy" mode ... you know, the one with giant icons and looks dumbed down. How can I fix these issues? I just want it to look like it was when i first got it out of the box with default apps and software.

Thanks!

greenheck1

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I went to setting - language and input to try to select a keyboard but no option for keyboard there ... i then tried going to the play store to install a keyboard app but i cant because i cant log into my account using the voice option! :(

greenheck1

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
as a reference to people having the same issue ... this totally solved it
((CANT POST LINKS -- but goto google and type "How to Unroot Galaxy S4 and Remove Root Completely!" you will see a website called galaxys4root dot com ... thats the link)))

it did take about 2 hours to get everything downloaded and setup ... and by the way, odin button doesnt need to be yellow for it to work - mine was blue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699