Why aren't gallery pics showing up anywhere other than gallery?

A

AC Question

Okay I know that sounds like a stupid question however when I used to take pictures with my LG G4 I could go to Facebook or any other app and choose the option to add a picture my gallery pictures with automatically come up. Now when I try to use Facebook to upload a picture it only gets me Google photo pictures. I do have all of my photos syncing to Google that I would think they should still show up. If I copy or save an image from the internet and then tried to use it for Facebook or a wallpaper or anything else it says file cannot be downloaded however it is in the downloaded file it just won't let me use it so those are a couple of options going on with anyone know what I can do to resolve these issues?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps that use pictures get them from the Media Scan database (so each app doesn't have to scan the whole phone each time you use it). Media Scan builds the database when you start (or restart) the phone or when you run an app like media.Re.Scan. It doesn't rebuild it when some other app downloads a file that happens to be a picture. So you can copy 50 pictures to the phone, but they're not there yet, as far as photo apps are concerned. Just run media.Re.Scan whenever you need to.