[SOLVED] How do I make my sd card not read only?

LeviCituaist

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Edit: Solved. I was mistaken about the switch. It really unlocks the card. The list of card types is only there to show this adapter reads all of them.

Hello I have a problem with my sd card
It's a 64gb SDXC card
I have an adapter that has three options: SD, SDHC and SDXC.
The small switch on the side of the card decides which one I pick. Its function doesn't seem to be to unlock the card, but to pick whether I use SD, SDHC or SDXC.

So I leave the switch on SDXC, insert my card in the adapter and insert it into my laptop.

I go on "My Computer" and try to format the card, but it says the card is read only.

So here's my problem: I right click the card, go on properties and then on the general tab; there, I don't have an "attributes" option, like some other people apparently do, where I'd change the read only option. So I'm left with no options

What can I do guys? I've had problems with sd cards since september last year and honestly I'm pretty annoyed by it already.

Edit: Solved. I was mistaken about the switch. It really unlocks the card. The list of card types is only there to show this adapter reads all of them.

Last edited: