Why is the mic not working for one app, Smule Sing Karaoke?

A

AC Question

Before my S6 Edge got updated, my mic worked for Smule Sing Karaoke. After I updated the system, the mic works for everything else, but not that one app. Please help! BTW, I don't actually know the mic's location...

Stina B3

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Literally the same issue for S7 Active, bit I tried other karaoke apps and it still wont work

I'm having the same issue with Galaxy S7 Active. Was told by Samsung to take to Best Buy and have it analyzed for hardware issue. Have returned phone twice under warranty. Just got the 3rd one today.....still same issue. Thought it was just the headphone jack because it wouldn't work with a selfie stick either......you?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So many people are having problems with this that it may be best to contact the developer, as already suggested, or just give it up as a bad job, at least for the time being.

Michael David Liles

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm haveing the same problem, I just got a new phone a LG Aristo, and now every time I join an OC or record my own it comes back all static, can barely hear me. I contacted Smile Support I reinstalled the app, cleaned all ports, Sam problem. I too them it still does the Samething I sent them a song I posted, so they can hear what it sounds like. I even went to MetroPCS and asks them to check my mic. But its OK it works for everything else but Smile so it has to be the app. Since a lot of others are having the same trouble hope they Smile Support can fix this bug. Miss singing

ronryanlaw

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Same thing. As far as I can tell, with Androids you cannot hear yourself sing through the headset in Smule, or with anything else. So when I sing, I have to put earbuds half in and half out, or only in one ear. It records fine! But I WANT TO HEAR MYSELF WITH THE MUSIC IN REAL TIME while singing through the earbuds. C'mon Samsung and Android! Come up with a patch to make the microphone heard through headset in real time!

Jonzeeee

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Yes smule is the most entertaining app but also the worst app ever for android users! And its obvious smule doesn't give 2 craps about half of the users it has! Issues with saving recordings and not recording at all always arise after an update which seemed to happen twice a week! So I'll just move down to a different karaoke app it's not worth my time

Wils aja cukup

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Many people have same issue,
Maybe you can try this for solution:

This step for android already has root and have permission to change your file (super user)

#Using root explorer
#Open folder file "system"
#Edit file "build.prop" like this
(must r/o or super user active)
Ex. For sams*ng:
ro.product.model=SM-J500F
ro.product.brand=samsung

This mean you can change your product model as register before and support for ex. Smule app.
For another brand a haven't try maybe you can try and find your model that can support before.
This step your own responsibility.
I have try at my sams*ng j7 and working normally.

Cheers.

Jenkittykat

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Could you let me know if you find a similar app that's android friendly? I'm terribly disappointed. I loved the app when it worked. I sure am glad that I only purchased a month before I discovered the issue.

reeuh1979

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Answer to microphone problem

Answer: go to SETTINGS-APPLICATION-APPLICATION MANAGER-SMULE. Now look for CLEAR DATA press then log in again thats it, it works with mine, hope it works with you all thanks. 😊

Armysh0t

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
It's not just smule. It's karaoke apps. Tried another karaoke app, Star Maker, same thing. Android has issues with karaoke apps. Works fine with other voice recording apps, appears to be something in karaoke apps that make the mics not record properly

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys . i have using many Android phone like samsung sony htc and nexus. But for apps smule mic will work only on Google phone like nexus. Because i have using 6p and nexus 6 both phone have this funtion. I try using Samsung j7 pro on my friend,mic doesn't work.

Bhavani Sankar1

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Recording issues solutions- may work for some people
If Your recording is slow, weird, voice crack ,, distorted , not connecting headset mic properly. ???
Ok
This may work only if your phone plays old recordings and others Collab is playing fine?
Then do this
First try recording without headset , now check that your recording playing fine.
If it's fine now connect the headset which comes without mic. Don't use inbuilt mic headset. Bluetooth headset set may work , but may delay or slow or stop sometimes while recording. Better use headset which comes without mic. Now ur voice will be received by phone mic.
Volume level should be below 50 %.
Now Your voice will work almost good.
Your phone mic may not receive your voice properly while singing, till software update from ur phone or karaoke software update.
so your mouth should be little bit close to your phone mic. Sing a bit louder.
All the best👍 friends

Thanks😊😊😊